Why I Want to Be Re-Elected Mayor
During my term as Norfolk Mayor, I have brought positive change and leadership to our government and that has helped Norfolk to grow and become economically stronger.
These actions have taken Norfolk in a new and positive direction, with a focus on protecting and improving our quality of life, and our essential services.
The need is for a flexible and diverse economy, to tackle the universal issue of decline in manufacturing, and the problems faced by farmers and other investors in Norfolk.
I continue to explore ways to provide our youth with more opportunities to learn, work and remain within our community.
I have provided Norfolk with:
- Strong leadership;
- Practical business experience, knowledge and expertise, knowing how to plan and, more importantly, knowing what it takes to see a plan through to completion;
- Vitality, drive and the desire to see Norfolk thrive and grow responsibly;
- The full force of my energy, time and attention; and
- The skills needed to listen, learn and act in the best interests of Norfolk.
- My experience and leadership skills have helped Norfolk survive as best we can through the tough economic times in Canada and Ontario.
- The investment (over $46 million NEW dollars provided from the Provincial and Federal governments) in infrastructure is essential to encourage new businesses to establish in Norfolk and allow our existing base to grow.
These are the things that create jobs and generate new tax revenue to help offset large property taxes, and allow those on fixed and low incomes to live with dignity.
- Been a “full-time” Mayor and a strong voice for Norfolk and her people;
- Given priority to working with Council and staff as a “team” to develop and act upon a strategic plan for economic development and sustainable growth;
- Worked with the agricultural, industrial, commercial, tourism and social service sectors to provide assistance and support wherever possible to ease their burden. If the solution was lobbying with and for them then that’s where I focused my attention;
- Worked with the health community to provide quality health care and to encourage more medical professionals to move to Norfolk; and
- Dedicated my experience, knowledge, and expertise in public service and business, and my community volunteer involvement over the years, to serve and make Norfolk a great place to live, work and play.
These are the things I remain committed to today.
I ask for your continued support in my bid to be re-elected as Mayor of Norfolk.
Contact me directly to learn more about how you can help my re-election bid.